Patrick's Reviews > Y: The Last Man, Vol. 7: Paper Dolls

Mar 24, 2012

liked it
Read on March 24, 2012

Paper Dolls

It started amazingly with those When Harry Met Sally style interviews. And it really felt like it was trying to say something profound about the media and the trashiness that this new world would carry over from the old one, but the idea and setup turned out be a lot more compelling than the payoff. All the possibilites and they just kinda cowered down and called it a day quick...

...then the big random heavy plot twist and reintroduction of the Israeli psycho...so unappreciated.

The Hour of Our Death

The other Beth and the Catholic church issue...man oh man did this have some fire under it...until the Spanish (German?) missionaries showed up and everything went full retard. I love other Beth...what a good character, that really didn't have to be...and Hero has kinda grown on me...so this had me hyped for something that just never came together.

Buttons

A Lost style issue about 355...should be awesome right? I mean Yorick's, Hero's and Beth's were all awesome, so this has to be compelling right? Nope. If it was gonna be so pedestrian and cookie cutter with every detail already implied and expected, than Vaughan just shouldn't have made it.

It's funny. As kind of blah and ridiculous and random as this book has been, it's got me so hungry to finish the series ASAP. The real hunger for more.

1,000 Typewriters

Hey, let's give Ampersand a flashback issue too. Why the fuck not? .....I guess a piece of this is important to the endgame? Sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Y.