Heather's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

F_50x66
Mar 23, 12

Read in November, 2011

I throughly enjoyed the first novel of this set. The book is a little "young adult" for me, but the descriptions and the adventure was very entertaining. The main characters are very likable and have you rooting for them the entire length of the book. (Peeta was my personal favorite.) I've always enjoyed a good dystopian novel and I find there are too few strong female characters that aren't complete witches in books today. Katniss is tough and honorable while still trying to make the difficult transition between teenager and adult.

The 2nd book felt a bit of a copy cat of the first. It was good, but I had already read most of it in the first book.

I find that I liked the third book the least. The secret society of District 13 was a little confusing and seemed to be even more corrupt than the current regime in power. Unlike the first two books, you weren't entirely sure who the "good guy" was. The ending was good and Katniss's final decision is one of my favorite moments in all three books! (Must read to find out!)

I just hope that the movies don't turn out to be Twilight: Episodes 4, 5, and 6. Maybe some books should be burned....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.