elaynne's Reviews > A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Mar 23, 2012

Read in March, 2012 , read count: 1

Downloaded from audible.com
Narrated by Davina Porter

I was surprised I hadn't already added this book to my "to read" list because I usually always read entire series before moving on to other books. In the case of this series (The Outlander Series), I didn't interject any other books until I'd started this one, whereupon I completed two books of the Alchemyst series because they were short (in comparison) and I needed a week break.

I have to admit that even though I whinge a bit about the heaving bosom bits (I pretty much glaze over them because they distract me from the storyline), the stories have been great. There is a lot of history woven in to the story - beginning in Scotland and ending (with this book) in pre-Revolutionary America.

I told my friend (Gracie) about them because she's got an hour + commute each way to/from work and these audio books are HOURS long so they keep her company on the long drive each day. As evidenced by my telling Gracie, I would recommend this series.

I also think there is enough meat in them to make an entire television series. I probably wouldn't watch it though. ;)

Anyway, as far as I know, there is only one book remaining in this series. I plan to read the satellite books about John Grey next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breath of Snow and Ashes.