Amanda's Reviews > Host

Host by Faith Hunter

Mar 29, 2012

Read from March 23 to 28, 2012

Ok I did really love this book, well 99% of it anyway - the battles were amazing and the detail made me feel totally invested. I think the MC Thorn is fabulous and has enough hang-ups to make her believable and likeable. I was completely absorbed in the end-of-days scenario even to the point of demanding hubby cooked dinner last night so I could finish but then .... the finish happened. To say I feel unsatisfied is inadequate - I feel like a kid who has been promised a trip to Disneyland and then got told sorry watch a Disney Dvd instead. All I can say is - this can NOT be the last book in the series Faith! You can't let it end with so many things hanging ..... please say there is another book! If I hadn't been so enthralled with the story and buoyed by a spirit of fairness I would have given it *gasp* 3 stars purely on the fact that I feel so unsatisfied with the end ... but I still love the writing and the series has been most enjoyable that I can't in all honesty 3 star it - I do recommend the story, its a fun read but brace yourself at the end.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Host.