Barbara ★'s Reviews > The Perfect Play

The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: first-in-series, erotica, romance, read-2012, x-set-in-usa-california, sports
Read from April 22 to 23, 2012

It was refreshing to see a ball player who wasn't into models and the party scene though of course it really was too good to be true. And honestly, what are the chances that this hot sexy player really falls in love with your average female with child? Only in a romance novel.

I'm not into sports and books detailing play by play isn't something I really enjoy but I actually liked those moments in this book (and there really aren't a lot of them). It was a way to get away from the "f**k me, oh f**k me" scenes (and there were a shitload of them). I really have to be in the mood (no pun intended) for an erotic novel since I like a good plot to go with my sex. Apparently I guess I wasn't in the mood because I started skipping most of the sex scenes after the initial one which I really liked. They were repetitive and many and the interludes that started out so romantic always morphed into "f*ck me". Do women really talk like that during the most romantic moments of their lives? they don't and I found it really irritating.

Oh, and I loved the line His hands were the devil's own soldiers... Does that give you an image or what?

I did however, like Nathan and Gavin and really liked Mick's family especially his sister Jenna. I have the next two in the series and hope that one of them is Gavin's story and the other Jenna's otherwise I might just have to skip them both.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Play.