SheWunders's Reviews > If You Deceive

If You Deceive by Kresley Cole

Aug 12, 08

bookshelves: 2008-08, romance
Read in August, 2008

Good Romance Read! I was thoroughly entertained. At first I thought the action was not so good, but Cole piles on the drama at the end. I knew she wouldn't leave me hanging!

I still the MacCarrick Brothers Triology is a victim of bad titles and even worse covers. But I can easily look past it. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Deceive.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathrynn This was my favorite in the series...Ethan. (sigh)

SheWunders This series has seriously grown on me. Do you think Cole's given up on the series or will she come back to it. I wouldn't really like to see what she does with The Weyland 8 & and Quin. There's so much potential there.

message 3: by Kathrynn (last edited Aug 15, 2008 11:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathrynn I don't know. Looks like she is concentrating on her Immortal's After Dark Series...

I cried through the end of most of this book. Maddie was such a good character; she needed a savior and Ethan was just what the doctor ordered.

In real life, I doubt she would have survived cholera and the miscarriage, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

When he walked out of the hospital with her in his arms...(sigh).

Have your read The Price of Pleasure by her yet?

There's no magic in it, but I enjoyed it. Historical. Young girl and her maid were shipwrecked and lived on an island for, I think, 10 years. She learned how to survive, etc. Along comes her "rescuer."

;-)

SheWunders I just can't get over The Price of Pleasure cover. I read a lot on airplanes and I can't bring this one. I'm sure I'll like it though. I've read everything else by Cole and she's my favorite romance writer. I just love her books. I'm glad she's focusing on IAD but I wouldn't be dissapointed if she wrote another MacCarrick, too.