Lance Greenfield's Reviews > The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook

The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook by Stella Bowling

Mar 23, 12

Read in March, 2012

Anyone who has recently been diagnosed with diabetes would agree that there is much information to be absorbed about future lifestyle and how that can affect one's health. This book goes a long way to simplifying the most important information, and begins with a very helpful nineteen page introduction on healthy living with a heavy emphasis on healthy diet.

It continues with over 200 recipes covering a wide variety including starter, fish, meat, vegetarian, pasta, and even extends to children's recipes and festive food.

Already, I feel much more positive about my future. Eating and drinking could become even more fun than it has been in the past/

Highly recommended.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Good luck, Lance!

Lance Greenfield Thanks Jeanette.

Getting on towards one week on from the diagnosis, I may post something on the Comfies thread. All you healthy eating people may be able to help me along!

I got back on the rowing machine this morning for the first time since we moved house last July. I have a routine worked out for the next 22 weeks.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Diabetes is truly a condition that can be improved with exercise and diet. I'm glad you're being proactive about it, and wish you success!

I'm trying to get in more exercise; I'm walking more now that the weather has improved.

Lance Greenfield So far, I have clocked up over 1.2 million metres on my rowing machine. I once completed the marathon distance before my friends and colleagues crossed the start line in the London marathon. I was watching them all line up, on a portable TV in the garage, as I rowed.

When I get to NYC, I'll stop an treat myself to one of those cupcakes you all speak about. Even with diabetes you are allowed the occasional treat.

"Everything in moderation!"

message 5: by DuckieMorroe (new)

DuckieMorroe I hope you've got a good GP too, Lance. I'd get my eyes, kidneys, blood pressure, cholesterol and feet checked out.

Lance Greenfield I am very lucky. She is excellent!

I already have medication for high BP. She took great care in helping me to achieve the correct levels of the drugs.

She already has most of this under control and is lining up various additional tests and screenings for me. She is taking me through it all a step at a time, and I am trusting her priorities. What tests and screens are to come are still a mystery which she will unwrap a layer at a time.

Life's an adventure!