Melissa's Reviews > All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps

All There Is by Dave Isay

Mar 28, 12

Read in March, 2012

This is an outstanding book of testimonies on love and all its forms. Rarely do I read a book straight through in one night, but I couldn't put this one down! StoryCorps set up booths all over the country and recorded 40-minute conversations between people - friends, family, lovers - to record anything they wanted to say to each other, whether it's interview questions, the telling of a story or the professing of love to one another. "Since 2003, StoryCorps has collected and archived more than 40,000 interviews from nearly 80,000 participants. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress." (StoryCorps.org/about)

All There Is, is separated into three sections: Found (how couples found and fell in love), Lost (couples who lost love, usually through death), and Found At Last (about those who assumed they would never find love but eventually did).

It is truly inspiring to know that ordinary people from all over the world can be made extraordinary through their love stories. Many stories in these pages I will never forget, and I will continue to strive to find the love in my own life that these people did. We all deserve a great love story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All There Is.