Erin's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

25/03/12
I decided to jump into the bandwangon and read this book.
I Have this thing when whenver there is a movie of a book that I havent read- I have to go out, buy the book and read it BEFORE I go off and watch the movie.

So Far, Im seriously enjoying it and am already TEAM PEETA!!!
Josh Hutcherson(plays Peeta in movie), Here I come!

26/03/12
REVIEW!!!

WELCOME TO THE HUNGER GAMES, MAY THE ODDS BE IN YOUR FAVOUR!
Oh My God...Where do I begin?
I was blown away...I can not believe how good this book is.
I basically bought this book because I heard a movie was coming out-I wanted to read the book before i watched the movie so i could compare.
But--Im So flustered--it really brings you on a journey.

KATNISS IS BADASS- She is one of the strongest heroines I have ever read-You feel a connection with her from the start-I began to think in her mindset-how she saw things. But with her being so strong-she just dosen't understand her own feelings.
Romance is a aspect of the book, Of course.
There is Gale. Katniss' best friend. He has been around since she first started hunting by herself, and they became friends and rely on one another.
Then there is Peeta, Who has loved Katniss ever since he was 5 years old. He is dedicated and loyal, He is Hopelessly sweet and I wish there was more boys like him.
For Me, Peeta is My man.
I Never felt a connection with Gale, Well, nothing beyond friendship.
Due to Gale being featured very little in this book, I didn't like him and didn't get an understading for his character.
Its obviously though that, Katniss has feelings for both of them. No matter how much she dosen't understand or notice her feelings for either of them.
I Loved the part where it is shown that Katniss has kept tabs on Peeta through out the years, even though she has never realised it.
Peeta has watched Katniss through out the years, always keeping his crush at bay,always watching from a distance.
I understand how Fans of the book would favour Gale-especially if they like the whole friends to lovers thing.
Gale is strong and a leader, but I didnt get to know him well enough so I have to read 'Catching Fire' and see if I like him-But as of now Im Totally Team Peeta!

This is a book filled with action and you can't help but love all the characters, good or bad.

5 STARS!!

PLAYLIST
Alter bridge-Slip to the void
Arshad-Girl On fire
Taylor Swift-Safe and sound

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes Erin Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Peeta, you said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?

Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair...it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up."

Your father? Why?"

He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner.'"

What? You’re making that up!"

No, true story. And I said, 'A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?' And he said, 'Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen.”

Suzanne Collins
“You here to finish me off, Sweetheart?”

Suzanne Collins
“You have a... remarkable memory."
"I remember everything about you. You're the one who wasn't paying attention.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jill Wilson Love your review!! I totally agree with you all on parts! :-) Enjoy the rest!

Erin Thanks!
Im reading catching fire....How is the series so good!!