Malaika's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Apr 28, 13

bookshelves: favourites, dystopian, review
Read from June 08 to 09, 2012

This book really made me smile. I LOVED this book. I could not put this book down or look away.I read this book through the night and did not care if I did not get any sleep.This is definitely one of my favorite distopian books next to Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

Why did I like this book so much? Well there are countless answers to that question.
I liked this book so much because I really understand the society Lena lives in. When I first started this book I was like" There is no way that Lauren Olivier could make me understand that anyone who lives in this world could be brainwashes into thing love is a disease" after

reading this book "This makes sense".

I also loved that I love the characters in this book. I fell like I can really see, breath and touch through this Jena. I loved reading about her and I also loved to hear her thoughts and feeling through this book. I enjoyed
Jena personality I enjoyed almost every aspect of her character. I enjoyed reading about Hana too. I think she is a really good friend to Lena and has a lovely personalty to read about. At first I did not like Alex but quickly became to fall in love with him once I got to know him. Alex is a very interesting character to read about awesome to read about actuly I can't really say anymore about him if I want to give away spoilers.

The End had a huge cliffhanger! I also I cried a lot at the end. I have so much mixed felling for this ending so I must explain them to you. Sad because it was over and because I don't want it to end that way. Happy because I really enjoyed this book. Anger because I don't a cliffhanger and complete inching because I needed to read the next book. Overall I really loved this book one of my favorite books of the year.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

06/08/2012 page 99
06/08/2012 "I like this book so far"
06/08/2012 page 99
21.0% "I like this book so far!"
show 1 hidden update…