Tyra Berger's Reviews > Wanted: Undead or Alive

Wanted by Kerrelyn Sparks

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on March 23, 2012

Ok so this week we are spotlighting Kerrelyn Sparks and her tre fab Love at Stake series. Now Jenn and I have been in serious arm wrestling discussions about which one of us found this series first, and since I get to post before her....HA HA HA I win!!! I am totally taking credit for finding and suggesting this series!!! In all honesty this is probably one of those that we found together when we first started prowling the aisles of our Books A Million store after having had our toes done and partaking of some good red wine...you know the perfect girls night out! It doesn't matter who found it first all that matters is that we did and we couldn't be happier.

This series has all of the things that I love about paranormal romance, hot vamps, kick ass heroines, levitating ceiling sex and hilarious dialog. It's a little bit Food Network with the Vampire Fusion Cuisine, a little bit historical with your kilt wearing vamps, a little bit Matrix with the phone calls to teleport and a lot of interesting, fast paced storylines.

Phineas has been one of those character's whose book I have been hoping for since he first came on the scene. He has always been larger than life and has more charisma then any one man should be allowed. I, like a lot of people, thought that he would eventually win over LaToya but I have to say that I am more than happy with the way things turned out. Brynley Jones gives him a run for his money and because of her we get to see the softer side of Phineas.

We don't know much about Brynley at the beginning other than she is Phil's twin and is the reason that the "lost boys" found a home at the Dragon Nest Academy. But I have to say she is one of my favorite heroines since Emma. She may come in with a chip on her shoulder as far as the vamps are concerned but she comes around and doesn't hesitate to apologize when she needs to. Her ability to put everyone else's needs above her own makes her a very endearing person.

One of the many things that I like about this series is that Ms. Sparks doesn't dumb down her heroines after they meet their mate. They continue to be the smart, sassy, kick ass women that we meet in the beginning and I think that is one of the reasons the series has had the success it continues to have. I know it's one of the reasons I keep coming back.

Another reason I come back is the secondary characters...the ones that have already had the HEA's and the ones that haven't. I like the updates on the couples that we fell in love with originally but am always excited when a new vamp or shifter is introduced to see in what way they are going to enhance the world and story lines to come.

If you are looking for a series to sink you teeth into that might nibble back a bit then pick up How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire and become addicted like me!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanted.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

P.A. Lupton Hi Tyra
Just thought I'd let you know that Kerrelyn is going to be doing a Q&A in our Goodreads Group this Friday. We are going to have a draw for her new book (ebook) and possibly a signed book from Kerrelyn for those who participate. Here is the link to the discussion if you'd like to join us. Kerrelyn Sparks Q&A