Rachel's Reviews > Hot Pink

Hot Pink by Adam Levin

Mar 23, 12

Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

I love Levin's writing style, especially in The Instructions, but I wasn't really excited by the subject material in these short stories. I guess I don't mind reading about depressed people, but I prefer it a little funnier? A lot of these were written for Levin's MFA program and it kind of reads like it. Still, if you're a fan, you'll probably like having read it.

Somewhat related, I loved the book's design. No dust cover, and a removable blurb sticker on the back, and a great grippy cover texture. I wish more publishers paid attention to these little details.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Pink.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Mar 25, 2012 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina Hmph. I'm a little sad this isn't wonderful, but I'm sure I'll read it anyway since I loved The Instructions so much.

Rachel If you like you can have my copy! As much as I love the nubbiness, I'm trying to cut down on books I don't love.

Christina Reeeeally?? Thanks!!
I have a bzillion books on my shelf waiting to be read, so you don't have to rush it to me or anything. But if you could earmark it for me, that'd be great! Thank you!