Jennah Scott's Reviews > Croak

Croak by Gina Damico

Mar 23, 12

Read in March, 2012

This is a very unique book about grim reapers. Lex is a character that I could see many people not liking much, especially in the beginning, but I thought she was a great girl! She's rough, short with people, and brutally honest. Not your typical YA heroine, but she was fun in my opinion. As one reader said in a review--Lex is an antiheroine and I thought the perfect personality for the story!

The development of the story was thorough and kept me turning page after page. I liked seeing Lex figure things out and learn more about Uncle Mort and the world he lived in. Speaking of Uncle Mort....I loved him. He's ability to get through to Lex when very few others could made their connection special. The fact that he did it through sarcasm, humor, and respect made me like him a little more than some other characters.

CROAK has some quirky names and descriptions that add just the right amount of subtle humor such as Slain Lane and a population sign that changes with each person that enters or leaves the town. It's a quick read and fresh perspective. Now get to reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Croak.