Christy Ford's Reviews > Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers

Breastfeeding Made Simple by Nancy Mohrbacher

F 50x66
Mar 23, 12

bookshelves: parenting
Read in March, 2012

This book is a HUGELY comprehensive overview of what 'normal' is for breastfeeding. Even for someone who grew up around breastfeeding, there were still some significant surprises. She also did a great job explaining why things work the way they do rather than just passing out fiats, which is a big issue with me.

The author clearly has a bias, but I feel she does a good job not being judgmental about it, continually offering compromise solutions, and reiterating that doing some is better than doing nothing. The writing style treats the reader like an adult, which is a good change from some infant books.

The biggest downside to me is it didn't have a lot of troubleshooting advice. It pretty much all came back to 'meet with a professional in person'. Which is all well and good, and probably more effective than trying to implement something you just read, but short-notice scheduling isn't always practical, and some greater detail on possible problems would help readers judge whether any given 'professional' is full of hot air, which I gather is more common than it should be.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breastfeeding Made Simple.