Mirjam's Reviews > Due or Die

Due or Die by Jenn McKinlay

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: mystery
Read on March 23, 2012

Due Or Die, the second book in the Library Lover's Mystery series, is the perfect cozy for a bookworm like me! Lots of books, book trivia, a charming town and great characters; what's not to like? I fell in love with the characters in the first book, Books Can Be Deceiving, but this time Jenn McKinlay has outdone herself by introducing a new star on the firmament, canine buddy Heathcliff (isn't that a perfect name for a dog?). Heathcliff is incredibly lovable and makes me yearn for a Heathcliff of my own! I love it when pets have a definite presence in a series, because as all of us with pets know animals have a personality of their own. Therefore they ought to have one in books too. Well, McKinlay not only understands that, but she delivers it too.

Once I opened the book I was instantly absorbed into the story and stayed there until I read the very last word. Due Or Die has many things going for it, like an engaging writing style, a great sense of humour, a fast-paced story, an intriguing mystery and wonderful characters. A big bonus in opinion is the promise of love that is rising on the horizon. The budding romance between Lindsey and Sully made me smile. I really like Sully and I think he is a good match for Lindsey. Even if he needed a big shove to finally take the next step in their slow romance!

The preview of Book, Line, and Sinker, the third book in the series, was included in Due Or Die. Sadly I reached the end of the preview way too soon, but on the bright side, the next book promises to be every bit as great as this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Due or Die.

03/23/2012 page 110