Brittany's Reviews > Goth Girl Rising

Goth Girl Rising by Barry Lyga

Mar 23, 12

Read on March 23, 2012

I liked this more than the first book. I hope there will be another. I was hoping for some romance to FINALLY happen between Fanboy and Kyra. Basically Kyra has been locked up in a mental institution and hasn't heard from any of her friends. Not even the one she wanted to hear from most of all Fanboy. In a way she didn't blame him because she was a bitch to him when she left. But she was also hoping that he wouldn't give up on her and would still be in her life. Kyra at first seemed like she might have been confused about her sexuality because she liked making out with Jecca, but whenever she fantasied about it Fanboy always came to her mind. So I think she just wanted to finally be touched that way and just decided to imagine that it was Fanboy who was touching her and kissing her. Kyra resorts to some of her old ways even when she is released from the institution. But after writing a letter to her deceased mother she realizes that she's just been lonely. She wanted to be loved by her father and Fanboy. But she thought they both gave up on her which she learns later through the book that they really didn't especially Fanboy. She finds out a secret that her father has kept from her about how Fanboy did in fact try to stay in touch with her as much as possible.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goth Girl Rising.