Christine Keleny's Reviews > The Miracle at Speedy Motors

5197019
Mar 23, 12

liked it
Read in March, 2012

I picked up this audio book because I had listened to another of Alexander McCall Smith's books: No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.
I have to say her first book was better than the The Miracle at Speedy Motors (TMASM). As in the No. 1 LDA, TMASM as various plot lines, the mystery plot in this story being a woman who thinks she was adopted and want to find out if she has any family. Then there are sup-plots of the buying antics of the main detective - Precious Ramotswe, her husbands attempt at curing their adopted daughters incurable illness and threatening letters that are showing up for Ramotswe. It wasn't a bad story, just didn't have the interesting plot lines that the No. 1 LDA had.
I do enjoy listening the Lisette Lecat, who narrated both stories, and TMASM is written well, it's just not something I couldn't wait to get in the car and listen to again.
I'll probably try Ms McCall Smith again, though. I think he stories are enjoyable overall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Miracle at Speedy Motors.