SarahSmith's Reviews > Illicit Magic

Illicit Magic by Camilla Chafer

Mar 28, 12

Read from March 24 to 27, 2012

I received this as part of a Goodreads group Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics: Read to Review giveaway. Overall I liked this book and am looking forward to checking out the next in the series. However, it seemed slow and slightly boring at first, even though you are pretty much thrown into the action of Stella against the Brotherhood almost immediately. This was most likely due to the requisite set-up/background information that inevitably has to be thrown in for a new series. So realizing this I kept reading. I am glad that I did, because it certainly ended with a bang! The characters were charming, the plot was very interesting and the romantic aspect was great. I kind of question Stellas' attachment to Etoile and Marc, even though they were pretty much the first of her kind to welcome her to her new world. It just seemed kind of unlikely to me that she would make friends with anyone so quickly since she was tossed around foster homes her whole life and never really had any friends (because of her 'accidents'). That aside, I thought this was great and I will continue to read this series since now I am hooked and looking forward to see Stella come more into her powers as she continues to battle the Brotherhood.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illicit Magic.