Rachel's Reviews > Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss

Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake

Jul 09, 2012

liked it
Read from March 23 to July 09, 2012

Overall, this book has a lot of great insight and information for infertile women or women who have experienced pregnancy loss. However, I do feel that the author made the ability of the women in the midst of this pain to seek and trust in God seem a lot simpler than it is. Maybe that is because she has children now and does not remember the deep pain felt while still in the trenches fightng infertility. I also didn't like some of the personal opinions that the author expressed regarding assisted reproductive technologies.

I will say this, her final chapters that were for women who go on to have children and for women who are never able to have children were wonderful. She gave great advice for what emotions to expect and how to deal with them once you do become pregnant or adopt after infertility. In her final chapter she defines what it means to be a 'mother' much broader than the world does, and her definition is beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hannah's Hope.

06/03/2012 page 175
78.0% "Really good book for anyone experiencing infertility. I don't agree with the author on many points, but overall it is a good and helpful read."
show 1 hidden update…