Kiki's Reviews > Falling Immortality: Casey Holden, Private Investigator

Falling Immortality by Robert Downs

5195618
Jun 10, 12

Read from March 23 to 24, 2012

First and foremost I want to start off this summer of reviews with a new writer, Robert Downs. Downs writes outside of my genre, but his womanizing, old-school sarcastic PI, Casey Holden, had me turning the pages as quickly as they would go. I loved how this PI doesn't solve cases because of the money, but for more of the challenge of hunt. In "Falling Immortality" Holden gets one doosey of a case when Felicity Farren asks him to solve the cold case of who killed her husband. This enigmatic woman adds just the right flare to intrique our puzzle solving hero. Oh, also, watch out ladies, this hunk of a man isn't just your average Joe Friday, he has a bad-boy rep between the sheets to boot where not one girl is enough to satisfy.

I truly did enjoy this book, but not for my usual love of sarcasm or a good mystery/puzzle, but for the bro relationship betwwen Holden and Ian Jackard. These two banter back and forth with the like of Holmes and Watson!! They bring out the absolute worst in each other, but still can't live with out one another. i don't feel the book, nor the case would have been the same without Ian in it.

So start your summer off right with this quick read...one of many I'm sure are to come!!

Happy Reading

~Kiki
www.kiki-julesreview.blgspot.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Immortality.