Crystal's Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

Mar 23, 12

Vee's ability both fascinates me and frightens me. It's an ability that I haven't seen in many books, and I enjoyed seeing what Jill Hathaway does with it. However, it isn't one that I would want to have. Imagine sliding into a private moment or the moment right after someone takes an innocent life. I would not want to be Vee then.

And it happens. She learns that Sophie was murdered, and she doesn't know who to confide in. The writing has a good flow and pacing. The story is intense in the right places and filled with twists and turns. While the side character are rather flat, the main characters are well developed and appealing.

Vee is a nice girl and a wonderful character, perfect for the story. She is a nonconformist with a purpose; she knows who she is and why she is the way she is. Her abilities do not rule her, as much as they disrupt her life. There are two dynamic relationships in her life that play major roles in the plot: Rollins (her best friend, who's been keeping secrets) and Zane (the new guy, who's gorgeous and perfect boyfriend material).

Slide is a gripping novel that I would recommend to readers who enjoy a good mystery/thriller with paranormal elements.

Original post at Imaginary Reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.