elissa's Reviews > Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: youngadult, capitol_choices_2013, 2012favorites, humor, my_10s_reads
Recommended to elissa by: www.capitolchoices.org
Read from July 16 to 19, 2012

This made me LOL numerous times. Mostly I was doing some kind of snickering-cackling. My husband said it was good to hear me laughing, but I think on the 3rd night that I decided to stay up a little too late reading this, he had had about enough of it.

The only thing that kind of bugged me is the main character repeatedly telling us that we're stupid for reading his book. I got it at the end why he was doing that, but it was still slightly annoying.

I put this on my "humor" bookshelf, but of course it's also sad, as you can probably tell from the title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.

message 1: by Joan (new)

Joan That reminds me, I've been meaning to look at your shelves and see which ones I want to add!

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Vargo your review made me laugh- i can totally see you doing this. :)

message 3: by elissa (last edited Jul 27, 2012 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

elissa Joan~I'm curious to see what you find! :) (For some strange reason I never got a notification that you had commented on this review!)

C~Glad I could make you laugh! Was it the bugging Steve with the snickering-cackling after midnight? :) I hope your summer is going well!

message 4: by Joan (new)

Joan I added some genre categories which I didn't have. I also added grade levels such as 3-4 fiction, etc. Thanks Elissa :)

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Vargo Yes, that's the part! "snickering -cackling after midnight" is such a great phrase E. Hee hee