Jan Hubert Castillo's Reviews > Beastly: Lindy's Diary

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Mar 23, 12

Read on March 23, 2012

I got a stiff neck for reading this book, and it was all worth it! For one hour and fifty-eight minutes (Yes, I checked the clock),I stood inside a bookstore and read this book. Oooh yeah, I didn't buy the book, just like what I did with the six books of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. :)

I love Princess Diaries so there's no question why I love this one. I love diaries! HAHA!

Well, this is just Beastly, really, just told through Lindy. And I like this one more than Beastly! I mean, Lindy wasn't really "there" in Beastly. She didn't appear right away. With this book, I then knew where she was. I came to learn more about her character, which wasn't really emphasized in Beastly. I love her. God, why didn't Alex Flinn write Lindy in Beastly the way she wrote her in Lindy's Diary? Phew.

My only problem with this book is the timeline, well, not that it changed the story. As far as I can remember, Beastly was published in 2007 (or was it 2008?). That means Lindy's Diary is published five years after. So, let's say that Beastly happened in 2007, then that means Lindy's Diary also happened in 2007 since they're just the same story told from different point of views. But in Lindy's diary, Lindy, or should I say Miss Alex Flinn mentioned "Tim Burton's Alice". If I'm not mistaken, that movie was still not in existence in 2007. So what happened?

But duh! I still love the book! So much! Looking forward to reading Bewitching. :)

This reminds me of Stephenie Meyer's Midnight Sun, or Twilight told through Edward's point of view. I heard that Steph is finishing it even if some of it leaked. Well, I want it now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beastly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy lmfaoo as if you read the whole thing in the store, i do that with magazines sometimes XD

Carly (Lis les Livres) Haha. That's awesome. I'm tempted to read an entire book in the store now;)

message 3: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kerr-bloom which bookstore did you find the copy? god i wanna read it toooooo