Susi's Reviews > Alien Diplomacy

Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch

Apr 26, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, 2012-03, science-fiction, romance, funny
Read from March 23 to April 03, 2012

Review originally posted at Book Lovers Inc.

In Alien Diplomacy we find our favorite well dressed Aliens and the fabulous Kitty as sharp and funny as always but the setting itself is changed. Jeff’s and Kitty’s new job as Diplomats for the ACs seems to change the game for them but they still don’t get to miss the parties. One big problem is hovering in the near future and there are again evil maniacs out there to ruin the fun. Question is who and if i’St only one fugly planning to ruin the dancing?
This new job is by far not what Kitty and Jeff want but our couple isn’t one to give up. Kitty is, as obediently as she can be, doing everything that is expected. She does her best but well she isn’t this uppity kind of gal and I loved her for that. More than once she bumps noses with the in crowd and she does that with style- at least her kind of style. *wink* She is adjusting well to being a mom but all the diplomatic facets of her new role are seriously trying her patience. She always was and still is a girl who says what she thinks and it seems society doesn’t agree with me for loving her for that. It’s one of the main reasons I love her. She’s not only fun but she also is an honest person.

Jeff is doing slightly better but he also misses being active on the field. I loved to see both of the grow into this new job but even more doing the same with their relationship and still quite new little family. Jeff is trying hard to get the jealousy factor under control and he really shocked me with his emotional maturity at times. He still is all alpha male need-to-protect-woman-and-kid-at-all-costs but I wouldn’t expect less of him. Even though I have to say I’m not sure I can forgive him for turning out the music while Iron Maiden was on. Seriously Jeff, what is wrong with you?

In Alien Diplomacy we meet all our favorite characters again and thanks to Kitty and her awesome people skills we meet some new ones who are as quirky and refreshing as we expect Koch’s characters to be.

The plot is multi-layered and interwoven. We know the problem nearly from the start but the search for the big bad is the main problem through the book. It kept me guessing with Kitty and I caught myself turning into a conspiracy queen at times. I loved discovering the varied themes and plots in bits and pieces. It constantly kept the suspense at a high level and urged me to read just one more chapter. The series plot is getting thicker and thicker and I desperately await the next book Alien vs. Alien to find out what happens next.

Alien Diplomacy has everything I love about this series- the jokes, pop culture references, the hot aliens and a clever, touch but still real heroine. I love how Koch gives her characters strength but never makes them seem untouchable. Kitty is definitely a gal I would love to call my friend- not only because her taste in music rocks.

If you want to try something new and refreshing I urge you to read this series- it will surprise you and won’t let you stop until you read them all.

I give Alien Diplomacy 4 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien Diplomacy.

03/23/2012