Lindsay's Reviews > The Hawk and His Boy

The Hawk and His Boy by Christopher Bunn

Mar 27, 12

Read from March 23 to 27, 2012

Ebook: Free Price i would willingly pay: £1.00

The Bad:

1. To many narratives, this book literally jumped all over the map, we were constantly changing narrators and view points, I could never build any momentum up to really get behind a character.
2. There is a distinct lack of action. A few scuffles but otherwise it is an entire novel of setup.

The Good:

1. The premise is fantastic, if the next books deliver on what this story promises then it will end up a great series.
2. The characters are starting to become interesting, i just hope the narratives settle down so i can know for sure
3. The creatures and powers are very subtle, well used and intriguing
4. The languiage and writing is clear and easy to follow (once you get over the jumping narrative thing)

So the good outweighs the bad, this story was enjoyable enough, and i will be adding the second and third books to my reading list, they just won't be at the top i am afraid. I would recommend it to be added to your reading list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hawk and His Boy.

03/26/2012
50.0% "I am on the fence with this, it has great potential but the constantly changing narratives are becoming tiresome."
show 1 hidden update…