Ziaria's Reviews > Dancing on Broken Glass

Dancing on Broken Glass by Ka Hancock

Apr 16, 12

Read from March 22 to 25, 2012

I am struggling with my thoughts on this one even as I type this I am unsure what I will write.

Let me start by saying this book is really, really good and solid story. I couldn't stop reading it even when I wanted too. I want you to keep this in mind as I continue with my review. It really was a great book. Yes there is a "but" in here.

The book deals with so many dark things, bipolar and incurable cancer. Then you have the light things, strong family bonds and pregnancy. You would hope the light would overpower the dark and balance the book and it might for some. It did not for me. There was so much dark going on it dragged my down while I was reading, and in between times when I had put it down. The story kept tugging at me. To be honest it is downright depressing for pretty much the entire book. Yet no matter how depressing it was and how much it dragged me down, I kept on. I had to know how it ended.

I don't want people not to read this book, but I want people aware of how serious the subject matter is in this book. Maybe I'm super sensitive to the subject matter and it won't affect others the way it has me, but at the same time I want someone fully aware of what they are getting into when they read it.

So in the end, yes read it but be aware.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing on Broken Glass.

03/22/2012 page 266
64.0% "This book is weighing heavily on my mind."