Lauren Kramer's Reviews > Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: young-adult-2012
Read from March 22 to 26, 2012

This is a great book for students who are having troubles with reading. The text is written in journal style which is more relatable and there are sketches that add to the humor of the story. I can understand how this would be enjoyable for young readers because they are going through the tough times of middle school and transitions too. There are moments in the story where the main character of Greg fails at something, more often than others, but then having those few moments of pure genius and success. This comes from learning from his family and his friends about how the world works and how he is accepted in life. Overall, Greg has to learn from his encounters and experiences just as any other young adult has to as well.

I gave this book a 2 out of 5 because the story for me did not have a growing conflict; it just encountered one conflict after another and didn't show a progressive story line. It only covered this boy's year in the journal entries he wrote. Therefore, it was an okay book for me but to others it may be the best book they have ever read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diary of a Wimpy Kid.