Megan Palasik's Reviews > Eat Mangoes Naked: Finding Pleasure Everywhere

Eat Mangoes Naked by SARK

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: bookclub
Read from March 22 to April 22, 2012

I read this book with my book club. I will admit that I would not have chosen this book on my own. I love to read, but self-help/books about how to improve your life (happiness, organization, etc.) are not usually something I choose.

I had never read a book by SARK before and was a little unsure about a book all written by hand with colorful marker pages thrown in. But, as with most things, I got used to it and ended up kind of liking it.

This book is all about finding pleasure in everything. Not just for people who may feel pleasure-less or for others who may be looking to put more pleasure in their lives. This book is for everyone! Because who would turn down more pleasure, honestly?

I read this book in chunks. It's not really meant to be read all at once, and it's probably the kind of book that every time you go back and read it you get something more out of it. SARK writes in a way that seems like she could connect to anyone. She is very honest about herself and her fears and hesitant situations in life are things that anyone can relate to if you think about it. She shares personal stories of pleasure that are everyday kind of situations. She also draws little pictures/figures throughout the book which I find cute and endearing.

I would recommend this to anyone; honestly. Just read it, try it out; try something new. It won't take you long to get through and if you don't like it, no harm done. But if you do, then you may be finding more pleasure in your life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat Mangoes Naked.

04/07/2012 page 48