Jessica (My Not So Vacant Shelf)'s Reviews > Elemental

Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer

May 14, 12

Read in May, 2012

Well this one won’t be very long as the story is not a long one. But its what starts everything off. This is the story of Michael and how he became the tough jerk that he is. But mainly its all about how he wasn’t that way once but events changed him forever.
Mainly this lovely little novella made me sit back and think: “I have mad respect for your ass-hatness Michael Merrick. I understand you now. And it is sad.” Yup, basically it makes you appeal more to Michael and understand him. And to be honest I just feel bad for him. Michael was basically given the chance for something beautiful to happen and it was snatched away from him. I can only hope that in the future novels he find happiness.

Good:

All of it. It was cute, sweet and romantic. And like Storm it demonstrates the idea of the different groups coming together. In this case the lesser elementals and that which they want to kill: the PURE elementals.

Bad:

There was not enough. Although I knew how it would end, its sort of revealed in Storm, I wanted more. And yet, I’m happy she left out the bad stuff. Maybe I just wanted a little more between Emily and Michael. But maybe that would have hurt more? Oh... so complicated.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall it was great. Nothing confused, the humour is still there and when he catches the club…man that was sexy. Its also great to know the story behind how everything started.
View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elemental.