Dorine's Reviews > The Warrior

The Warrior by Claire Delacroix

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: historical, favorites
Read in November, 2003

The Warrior (The Rogues of Ravensmuir, #3) by Claire Delacroix The Warrior by Claire DelacroixThe Hawk of Inverfyre is a warrior intent on seizing what he believes is his, including Lady Aileen of Abernye. Once The Hawk sets his eyes on his prey, no man can stop him from claiming it, as his own. Riding a dark stallion and dressed in dark garb, The Hawk exudes mystery and intrigue right from the beginning, as the story sweeps into an adventure born as a destiny. This couple is fated to have a dark, torrid affair filled with passion that breaches time and space. Two old souls reunited in new bodies, haunted by visions of past treachery and deceit.

Lady Aileen had accepted her fate, as unmarriageable, spending her days within her father's walls, avoiding her step-mother's cruelty whenever possible. Her reputation, as an ice maiden and her prowess with bow and arrows only incensed more criticism. Who was this dark visitor called The Hawk that could melt her inhibitions with one stolen kiss and whose sorcery brings visions of a past life? Why is he within Abernye's walls, never stating his purpose for his visit? Before long, Aileen will know The Hawk's intention, as the pair are taken on a journey neither of them expects.

If you enjoy a dark, mysterious hero with a husky voice and sensual appeal, then THE WARRIOR will not be a disappointment. The Hawk is a hero that transudes dark sensuality that will leave you breathless, as much as he surprises you with his tenderness. I had thought that THE SCOUNDREL had swept me away into a world that couldn't be bested. But, Claire Delacroix has created an emotional romance filled with a mystical plot that surpasses her second in the trilogy. As the legacy of these two people unfolds in their dreams and visions of the past, I was captured in the magical ways of medieval times. THE WARRIOR is a sensual romance that has found a place on my keeper shelf, to be revisited again and again. THE WARRIOR is in my top 5 reads of the year (2003) and The Hawk is my number one favorite hero.

2012 Note - Even though I reviewed this for Romance Junkies years ago, The Hawk remains one of my favorite heroes of all time.

Review Courtesy of Romance Junkies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warrior.