Sapphyria 's Reviews > Guardian of Fate

Guardian of Fate by L.J. Kentowski

Aug 23, 2012

Read from August 21 to 22, 2012

Book provided at no cost in exchange for an honest review.

Cassie belongs to the family business - a Guardian of Fate. The job of the Guardian of Fate is to prevent the innocent deaths of people whose souls Hell had targeted. (L.J. Kentowski, 2011, Pg. 7). When Cassie turned 16 she began having visions that alerted her to the impending wrongful deaths of people around her. As a Guardian of Fate, it was her responsibility to interpret those visions, find the place and people involved, and prevent the unnecessary death of the mortal. Only now, Cassie's visions are changing and she is freaking out. All of this coincides with the arrival of Caleb and Hunter into her life. And, making matters worse, one of these guys has been haunting her dreams for years.

I found this novel very intriguing and full of plot twists and suspense. You spend most of the novel trying to figure who exactly the bad guy is. This aspect keeps you completely engaged in "Guardian of Fate" and you get pulled in and are unable to put the book down. I love the chemistry between Hunter and Cassie much more than the chemistry between Caleb and Cassie.

This book is full of secrets that get revealed slowly throughout the story. Each character brings their own special gift(s) to the plot and are well developed. We get good history of each character at the appropriate times. As noted above, this book is full of plot twists. There are many different twists/revelations/deceptions, but the author does an excellent job keeping everything straight. I was never confused or lost.

The only complaint I have is that some of the dialogue is uneven. The conversations sometimes didn't flow well. However, the conversations ultimately portrayed what the author wanted them to.

The ending of this novel definitely keeps you guessing and I am highly anticipating Book 2 in the series.

Please note: There is sex in this book. It is not explicate or erotic but it is there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guardian of Fate.