Stacy's Reviews > Black Lament

Black Lament by Christina Henry

Oct 29, 12

bookshelves: from-publisher-author, netgalley
Read from September 30 to October 06, 2012

Even though Maddy has been through hell and lost much she is incredibly strong and level headed most of the time. The Agency is breathing down her neck and the Fae are trying to kill her at every turn. She is pregnant and has lost her husband but she is not alone and with so many behind her she continues to fight against those that are against her.

Maddy is in a lot of emotional pain throughout BLACK LAMENT. She broke down a few times and was depressing at many points. Madeline acted a bit like a child once or twice and killed without remorse at others. She was kind of all over the place but that should be expected after losing the person she loves and then finding out she is pregnant while dodging murder attempts at every turn. BLACK LAMENT is filled with action and danger. Maddy has grown a ton in her fighting skills and she continues to amaze me when she beats down those that should be stronger than her. Beezle continues to be a constant source of entertainment and comic relief, you never know what will come out of his mouth next. I still have no clue what to think of Lucifer. He seems to genuinely care for Madeline but he is Lucifer and his motives are anything but clear. Nathaniel is back and in the thick of the story again. Not really happy that he is once again getting close to her but I will continue to see where that all leads.

So much can happen next and I'm to invested in the story and the characters not to pick up book 5. BLACK CITY is set to release in February of 2013.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Lament.