Wordsmith's Reviews > The Confessor

The Confessor by Daniel Silva

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: mystery, bestsellers, part-of-series, have-reviewed, ranking-2012-reads-processing, thriller-intrigue, star-four
Read from March 23 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I didn't devour "The Confessor" as I did his previous novel, "The Kill Artist." Just to give you a hint of the difference, and this is not meant to be taken in a good way, as if I had been so enthralled I was delicately portioning every turn of phrase for future contemplation, quite the contrary, but...difference being, I fell so completely into "The Kill Artist" I read the thing in a day, I simply couldn't be torn away. However, with "The Confessor" it was more like pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down, which is so not my normal style.

The problem was not in the story, that was great, and Daniel Silva's a master at making mere words become people to love or to hate, you feel like like you know them, although naturally the assassins do not make THAT list. What niggled at my mind as I read "The Confessor" was the writing simply wasn't up to parr, not as highly elevated as "The Kill Artist" so in that sense made what I was now reading a source of disappointment to me, after all of the previous enthralling, devouring reading of Silva which I had so thoroughly enjoyed and bestowed so much praise upon.

Understand all this I've just written is not meant to be taken by you that I don't want, or even feel the need to engage in further reading of Daniel Silva. I'm at the ready, chomping the bit, all systems go, on high alert to make that jump into high stakes intrigue, art restoration, and Gabriel Allon, Top Mossad Agent ever for Israel

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Confessor.

03/24/2012 page 140