Mrs LB's Reviews > The Darkest Lie

The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter

Mar 22, 12

Read in March, 2012

I've been meaning to review this series of books ever since I listened to book 1. But after just finishing this book, I have to start with this one.
I'm a big fan of paranormal romances but this series has surpassed what I've read before. The whole idea of having a demon take up residence within you that has a mind and body of its own intrigued me from the beginning. I loved how the demons were able to interact in this book in particular though as well as the result of that interaction.
This is only the second book in the series that has caused a physical reaction...tears in other words. Gideon and Scarlet have a tragic story but like most things, no pain no gain.
In regards to the series as a whole, I especially like how Showalter strays from the main story to branch off into the lives and goings-on of other characters throughout the book. Initially, I gotta say that it irks me when the focus of the story changes because I get so caught up in the now, but it doesn't last long. The transition is smooth and timed correctly so that also helps.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Lie.