Amanda's Reviews > Slaughterhouse-Five

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Aug 15, 10

bookshelves: 2009, recommended-by-others, shit-cool-kids-read
Recommended to Amanda by: James Quin et al.
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1

Finally, I have completed my first Vonnegut.

Amazing that an introduction can make the book that much more touching. As personal as a novel can get, I guess. And as I read, I envisioned my future and my present wrapped into one, my Zeke and me lying as lovers in our fifties and happy, staring into faces I know to be real. Maybe it IS smart to focus only on beautiful things and put wars away in closed dark cabinets.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slaughterhouse-Five.

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy I read this years ago--maybe even before you were born. It remains one of my favorite novels. I think it's Vonnegut's best work.

message 2: by Ben (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ben Beautiful, Amanda. Miss you!

Misha And as I read, I envisioned my future and my present wrapped into one, my Zeke and me lying as lovers in our fifties and happy, staring into faces I know to be real.

I'm so glad you have that kind of happiness.

Amanda Me, too, MIsha! Of course, other times I'm busy getting my feelings hurt, so it's not all roses. And also, we fight lots about very important things, but what the hell? Day to day.

BEN!!!!!!! Hi friend. :) I'm still trying to stay off goodreads because it takes up ALL my damn time if I let it.

Hey, it's snowing here. A lot!