Sangita's Reviews > Wither

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: 3-starred, romance, young-adult, serie
Read from March 31 to April 05, 2012

Wither is a great story but in my opinion i think its too slow of progress. To my disappointment Wither was not what i was hoping for. The plot was slow and boring. From the first sentence in the book i was hooked but after awhile i started to feel disappointment. The runaway part is only at the end of the story, even though, it is to hook the readers.

However, on the plus side, I loved the beginning its hooking. I also love the virus; it sounds real. The virus happened because people wanted to get rid of cancer and now that they have there is a consequence. Now, men live to the age of 25 and women at 20. Rhine is 16 and she has been kidnapped to be sold as a bride, with other girls. The only ones who survie are Jenna and Cecily.

Gabriele is not a boy you would go for and, neither is Lenden. Gabriele is ordinary and not like boys authors for YA chose. Not big and handsome, not drooling or swooning over. However, he's cute and normal. Just like any other boy surrounding you. This is what i liked about Wither; there was a realistic idea that you could find someone like Gabriele. Another thought about Wither is that Rhile sounds like she is actually falling for Lenden, rather than Gabriele.

All the charaters in this book is realistic. Rose, the dying wife of Lenden is brave:; she's dying because of the virus. Jenna, the other wife of Lenden that came with Rhile is a brave woman aswell. Cecily, is the other wife of Lenden who also arrived with Rhile; She's chldish and young, but she likes Lenden the best. Gabrielleis normal, sute and sweet. Lenden is kind and caring, but doesn't know anything about what his dad (Vaughn) does. Vaughn's character is deadly and everytime he's described in the book my hair stands on the back of my neck. What he does is sick.

Wither was not what i was hoping for, but i loved the originality in this book. Lauren is a great author and i would love to read the next book-Fever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wither.

03/31/2012 page 19