Giselle at Book Nerd Canada's Reviews > Shift

Shift by M.R. Merrick

Nov 12, 14

bookshelves: 2012, arc-physical, arc-electronic, from-author, blog-tour
Read from March 22 to 24, 2012

Chase is back and with more problems to overcome. But he has help this time to aid him in his battle against evil. Riley, his psychotic father is trying to unleash the evil god Ithreal. With the help of half breed demons Rayna, Willy and Tiki, and Hunter Marcus they find the will to survive traveling to hell and back.

I love the fact that Chase is coming into his powers, and doesn't even understand how to control them. It makes it a lot more interesting when things go wrong. He truly is a powerful character and I can't wait to see how the series ends. As for the female characters, Rayna doesn't disappoint. Turning into a werecat also helps, even though shifting into form causes her so much pain. Those scenes were brutal to read!

Can I say how genius the world building is in this book? And the insane action scenes? Love it! I love this series. It's a wonderful read. Where else could you find wolves, werecats, witches, warlocks, hunters and demons all on one action packed novel? M. R. Merrick knows how to write a well written action scene. I can't wait what he has in store for Chase and the rest of the characters.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.