Maddie C's Reviews > Haunting Violet

Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey

Mar 22, 12

Read on March 22, 2012

Book review – haunting violet

I would give this book an overall rate of 3/5 because the author did not really explain the book and characters very well and you were always wondering who someone was , the author would just say a name and not give any further description on who the person was.

I also did not know the age of the main character in the book, it is little details like these that help you make bonds with the characters and I think that it seems to make you more interested and like the book more.

I found myself daydreaming while reading the book and having to keep reading the same sentence in the book over again but while reading the book it slowly started to get better and I could keep focus .

I did like the overall plot and if it was written better it could have been an amazing book but they way the author had written it made it worse. I think the idea of the psychics and lying their way to fame was a really good idea and I have never read a book like it.But i also think that she could have been a little more original because there are a lot of books out there about ghosts and if she had put more of a twist on it i think that it would have made the book 1000 times better.

The book had an okay ending but If it was in a series I would not read the next books just because the ending didn’t make me want to peruse reading the next books. So over all this book was not one of my favorites but I would not go as far saying that it is the worst book that I have ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunting Violet.