Marissa's Reviews > Mad Night, Featuring Judy Drood, Girl Detective

Mad Night, Featuring Judy Drood, Girl Detective by Richard Sala

Mar 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: crime, comix, horror

I liked Mad Night, but felt like it had a few flaws that keep me from giving it four stars. For one thing, there are A LOT of spooky characters to keep straight. At the end of the graphic novel there is a cast list with pictures and I really wish they had just put that at the beginning of the book instead, because it would have made it easier to keep what was going on straight. My other criticism is that there's a lot of jumping around to different scenes within individual pages of the graphic novel, without a lot of framing of where you are from panel to panel as he shifts around to different characters. This made it more confusing than it had to be and seemed a bit sloppy to me in terms of the narrative and layout overall. I like the drawing and kind of liked the story, it reminded me of a spookier version of Matt Kindt's Super Spy, but I just wish it had been a little more clearly plotted out for the reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad Night, Featuring Judy Drood, Girl Detective.