Theresa's Reviews > I Didn't Come Here To Lose

Mar 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction-christian, first-reads
Read in March, 2012

The author found the courage to leave a 31 year old emotional abusive marriage and a 26 year connection with a cult like religion. Through out the book Vicky talks of her life and using them to get across her point on helping us with our spiritual life. I pretty much agree with a lot of what she says and found it very insightful and helpful. I was disappointed the book did not have an index. The author through out the book refers back to the cult like religion she was apart of, it is what most of us do call a cult. Without an index most of the people who could have used this book for information on this cult, will not because they have no way of finding out as a quick reference point if it's the cult they seek information on. The book is also written to encourage our spiritual life, the writer tells us what God wants for our life. I think when a writer takes on this subject there needs to be scripture reference, there are some scripture references, but not nearly enough for me. I like to set down when I read a book like this with my Bible in one hand and the book I'm reading in the other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Didn't Come Here To Lose.

message 1: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Jeter Thank Theresa for the review. I totally understand what you are referring to in "references" and sitting down with the Bible. On my website I am working on correcting that because many, such as yourself, are very devoted in following God's word. Also on the website:

you will find references to the "cult" under "The religion I left". I recently have done several book signings and in sharing the "cult" of which has 'no name', it can be difficult. However, here is link to what we called, when in the cult, as the only way to God, "The Truth" but remember it has no official name so you can not find it in the yellow pages.

Again I appreciate you taking time to read and to share. May God bless the road you walk.
Love In Him,