Jill's Reviews > The Invisible Wall

The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein

Aug 29, 08

bookshelves: book-club-picks, audible, absolutely-incredible, superior-audio
Recommended to Jill by: Sandy
Recommended for: Every Living Person (and some dead)
Read in August, 2008

I LOVE YOU, HARRY!

Phew--what a great book. I haven't been that engrossed in - I don't know how long!

If I grew up with a such a bastard of a father, and bitch of a sister (I hate you Rose), I would have...I don't know what I would have done--but it wouldn't have been pretty.

Harry is able to convey all of the emotions attached to living on a 1/2 Jewish, 1/2 Christian street--all that you'd expect and more.

When Lily's father drags her, by her hair, to the factory, thwarting her dream of becoming a teacher, I wanted to kill him myself.

There's so much to this book--the epilogue will break your heart. I loved it and can't wait to read "The Dream."
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Wall.

message 1: by Malbadeen (new) - added it

Malbadeen since I'm still living Jill, I'm putting it on my to -read shelf. I need to be engrossed again!

Barb Jill - I started it yesterday & will finish it today cause I'm loving it! I must admit I do love memoirs.

Jill oh i'm so glad that you are loving it! i remember how i felt reading it and want that again in a book!

Anna Omg when he pulled Lily's hair I wanted to kill him!! He was a jerk but that was the last straw for me and I was so mad!!

Jennifer I wanted to beat on him to free Lily. What a miserable man. His life was unfair, but that didn't give him license to be so incredibly hurtful. What a bitter, bitter man.