Valerie Comer's Reviews > The Accidental Bride

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter

Mar 22, 2012

When high school sweethearts eloped, Travis McCoy left Shay Brandenberger on the courthouse steps in her wedding dress while he went to buy some rings at Kmart. Except he didn’t come back. Instead, he made his way to the pro rodeo circuit in Texas.

14 years later, Shay is the widowed mother of a 12-year-old daughter, Olivia. She lives on the Montana ranch her family has had for generations, but she’s about to lose it due to financial hardship. Meanwhile, she agrees to play the bride in Moose Creek’s Founders’ Day wedding reenactment and is beyond shocked when the enactment groom is none other than Travis McCoy. If she could slap him and turn heel, she would, but she’s enough of the talk of the town. Everyone remembers her return by bus in her wedding dress years back.

How could this become a legal marriage between Shay and Travis? I’ll leave you to read the book to find out. Travis has done well in rodeo, but he’s never forgotten Shay or forgiven himself for what he did to her. He’d have returned years ago except he heard she was married. Now, though, the rules have changed and he sets out to win back his accidental bride. . .before she can have the marriage annulled!

The premise of The Accidental Bride was the primary reason I downloaded this book. I’d never read anything by this author before, or really heard anything about her. I’m so glad I did. Shay is a major spitfire, but realistically, who wouldn’t be stinkin’ mad if this happened to them? I also loved seeing Travis’s regrets and his patience in winning Shay back. This book is highly recommended.

I received an e-copy of this novel for review from NetGalley. Opinions, as always, are mine alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Bride.