Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Narc

Narc by Crissa-Jean Chappell

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read on March 25, 2012

This book was very different in the sense that it was like nothing else that I have read before.

The premise was completely new to me and I liked that about it. I liked how real it felt, the characters, the storyline and situations. It was gritty and a little raw in details. Very much what I could imagine life would be like for the characters.

I felt bad for Aaron, he was a kid stuck in a really bad situation and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and things just went down hill from there.

I think a lot of high school kids could really relate to him. He was a kid that no one noticed or paid attention to. Someone that wanted something better for his life and for his family, he didn't want to be invisible yet, when he finally wasn't invisible anymore, that is all he wished for again because, that would be better than betraying the very people he finally could call friends.

While this played out as something that could very well happen and the ending did as well, I was still slightly disappointed in the ending. I was hoping for a little more.

Not a happily ever after so much as just something...better.

The story could be a little confusing at times and the ending felt a little rushed to me. Like so much happened in such a short amount of time and then, well then it was just over and left me feeling a little empty and kind of sad.

Overall though I think this was a good read, just a different, very realistic one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Narc.