Linda's Reviews > Shakespeare's Champion

Shakespeare's Champion by Charlaine Harris

F_50x66
Mar 22, 12

Read in January, 2002

This is the first I’ve read in a series about cleaning lady Lily Bard who lives in Shakespeare, Arkansas. I’ve discovered that there are about five in the series, and I liked this one enough to try some of the others, although the action in the story gets rather brutal. Lily works out at the gym early in the morning, does the cleaning there, and then goes on to her other jobs. She is the one who discovers the body of a fellow gym member, who appears to have died in a weight lifting accident. But recent events in the town, which appear to be racially motivated, lead Lily to believe there is more to this death than meets the eye. Jack, an FBI agent hired by the Winthrops, a well-to-do family in town, falls in love with Lily. The finale of the story includes a big shoot-out at a sporting goods store owned by the Winthrop family. There is a good assortment of characters in the story, which is part of what carried it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shakespeare's Champion.