Joseph D. Walch's Reviews > Kill Shot

Kill Shot by Vince Flynn

Mar 22, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, spy-novels, political-fiction
Read in March, 2012

I listened to this book on my way to San Antonio. OK, I gave it 4/5 stars because I like the series and am hooked by the characters. If I were a critic, I'd probably rate it a little lower. That extra star is for the fun I got out of it. The violence is pretty clinical--nothing (too) sadistic and the sensuality is tastefully discrete (nothing too uncomfortable and no graphic scenes). It was a good thriller. Not Vince Flynn's best, but worth the read if you've read the other books in the series.

It's a prequel to the Mitch Rapp series and there were some anachronisms that weren't completly convincing. There were pay phones, but also cell phones (this is supposed to be the early 1990s) and there's advanced wireless tech, but it almost seems as if the author is trying to convince you that it's 20 years in the past by explaining the fact that cell phones really get in the way of operatives who wish for the good ol' days of not being tied to a cell-phone leash. In the end, it isn't that bothersome, but perhaps loses a little texture.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill Shot.