Maria_Love_For_Books's Reviews > Deceived

Deceived by Stephanie  Nelson

Mar 22, 2012

bookshelves: magic, vampires
Read from March 22 to 24, 2012

Two things we can learn from this book: One, nothing is as it seems and two, trust only yourself. Yeah, that’s right, Gwen is going to be really surprised in this book and you will love it! “Deceived” is the second book in the Gwen Sparks series by Stephanie Nelson and it’s a book I enjoyed.

Witches and vampires are going to war. Now that vampires know that witches’ blood gives them power, the witches believe that they have to stop them from taking it. Gwen is in a very difficult position because of her relationship with Aiden, the sexy vampire. This relationship makes her a target for gossips and things aren’t getting better. But soon, Gwen, finds herself into a web of lies. Can she handle the truth?

Although, I really like Gwen from the first book, there were some things that I didn’t particularly like. For example, I think that she is easily attracted to other men. Of course, she didn’t do anything to be unfaithful but something wasn’t right. Another thing that I didn’t like, is that sometimes she was very judgmental to Aiden. Yes, she had good reasons but she didn’t even hear his side of the story! Nevertheless, Gwen was as always brave, strong and witty and she did her best under very difficult circumstances.

Aiden in this book had some problems. He did some mistakes in the past and now that the truth is out he knows that he has many things to lose. For some reason, I understand why he did what he did and I think that deserves a second chance, but I’m not sure if Gwen agrees with me!!

Dorian is a new character in the book. I liked him from the start because he’s a very confident man, he has sense of humor and he’s smart. It was obvious from the beginning that he wants Gwen. To be honest? For the first time, as a reader, I can’t decide whom I prefer to be with the female main character! I know that Aiden had secrets but it’s unfair to tell that he is bad. And Dorian, is a great guy! Tough choice!

Something else that it felt weird to me while I was reading the book is the behavior of Fiona. I really can’t imagine a best friend who acts like her. Although, she kept Gwen’s secrets and was there for her in some difficult moments, I had the feeling that her priorities were elsewhere and she was kind of bored when she was around Gwen! I hope I’m wrong!

Very nice plot in this second book of the series, and so, I’m looking forward for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deceived.