Lucinda's Reviews > Raven: Blood Eye

Raven by Giles Kristian

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in April, 2012

I was so excited upon recieving the news that i had won this book on the Goodreads First-reads giveaway, as it is something that is not only on my to-read list but a novel that really stands-out when i go around the bookshops. I am eagerly awaiting with anticipation & aprehension in reading this book and finding out what it is like, as it has caught my attention & interest for a long time now. I hence cannot thank Giles Kristian the author so much for holding his book on a Goodreads giveaway and sharing his work with avid readers & literature enthusiasts; i look forward to reading it immensely. As a huge fan of Bernard Cornwell (author of Sharpe and the increadible Warlord Series on King Arthur) and also Conn Iggulden who wrote the Julias Ceaser series and the series on Genghis Khan, i know that i am going to apsolutely love this novel as the author Giles Kristian was inspired by them. I adore all the action and drama that these similar authors include within their works and the immensley detailed battle scenes; hence i cannot wait to begin reading!
This book exceeded all expectations and has become a definate firm favourite on my bookshelf. I knew that as the author had gained his inspiration from some of my favourite authors (such as the legendary Conn Iggulden who wrote the series on Gengis Khan and the increadible Bernard Cornwell who wrote the Sharpe novels and King Arthur), that it would be something great. This novel was so exciting that as soon as i began reading it i was unable to put it down, being so engrossed within the storyline. It was a tale that oozed authenticity right down to the very last detail, and the history of the Vikings was so vivid in all its brilliance one felt as if they were there in the middle of it all. Having read this novel i am now going out to buy the second installment 'Sons of thunder', that is a continuation on from this increadible work. The tale was fast-paced and intensly thrilling that was riviting, and completely astonishing and i have high hopes that Giles Kristian will reach new heights and become just as a great author as his literary heros if not more distinctly brilliant. I cannot wait to read his next novel and delve back into the past; five out of five for an apsolutely increadible and overwhelmingly outstanding gripping read that many will love.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven.