Ashley's Reviews > Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life

Loving What Is by Byron Katie

Aug 15, 08

Recommended to Ashley by: Jeanne
Recommended for: Anyone, an open mind would help.
Read in August, 2008

This book was recommended to me by a friend who said there was no need to read the book from cover to cover. She said that I could pick and choose my areas based on what I am facing on the days I pick up the book. I couldn't do it and I'm glad I didn't. In order for me to fully grasp Byron Katie's philosphy I needed to read the entire book before being able to fully understand her steps. Her dialogues were probably the most helpful in learining how to question myself.

I found this book to be very easy reading and a page turner, but I also found myself needing a break from it to process what I was reading and taking time to do some of 'The Work' for myself. After doing some of 'The Work' I'm amazed at things I have learned about myself just by Judging My Neighbor - an exercise that Katie promotes. I can't imagine what I'll learn once I begin to investigate some of my self-judgements.

I also found this book to be even more helpful and I found it easier to read after visiting Katie's website www.thework.com The website allowed me to see Katie and 'The Work' in action. It helped me to put a voice to Katie while reading the book. I love her personality and wouldn't mind going to one of her conferences.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving What Is.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenava (new)

Jenava I just bought this! YOu will have to tell me what you think. I also listened to the mindfulness for beginners, and I agree with your comment:)