Sadie's Reviews > Cold Days

Cold Days by Jim Butcher

May 30, 13

Read from December 11, 2012 to May 30, 2013

Cannot.wait. I really wasn't that into Ghost Story at the beginning, it was so..bleak...until I got to the "eat your heart out, Crombie" line (xanth reference), at which point I had a good giggle and from then on it was good, then it was better, then it was awesome, then it was..over? nooo! I love/hate the cliffhangers that Mr.Butcher loves to leave us with, I just wish he would hurry up! I just spent the last month of 2 re-reading the Southern Vampire books in anticipation for Deadlocked, but I don't know if I can make it through all the Dresden Files again this close to having read them the 1st time (read them all this last year)..I may have to settle with the last 2 or 3, to refresh my memory.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Days.

12/11/2012 page 349
66.0% "Loving it so far, trying to pace myself lol" 1 comment
05/30/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaron (new)

Jaron Cole Southern vampire books?

Sadie Aka The Skokie Stackhouse Novels, aka The True Blood series, as they were renamed after the show came out.

Sadie *Sookie (damn phone lol)

Nial how bout the 'what would jack burton do at a time like this line??? ... I guffawed

Sadie Nial wrote: "how bout the 'what would jack burton do at a time like this line??? ... I guffawed"

I don't actually get what that line was referencing...I should probably know who Jack Burton is, buuut I don't. :/

Nial Big Trouble in Little China... Kurt Russel is Jack Burton.... I laughed very loud. Butcher is getting more free with his witticism, because at this point it should come without criticism, getting it to comfortably fit in with his schism.....

Angela Oliver Man, I missed the Crombie bit - it's bneen a long time since I read Xanth novels. Crombie was the zombie reanimnator, wasn't he?

Sadie nah Crombie could find anything by twirling his finger-he would point in the direction of whatever he was trying to find. Jonathan was the Zombie King, IIRC