Sadie's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

May 19, 12

Wow, I didn't realize how down everyone was on this series til I came here! I am *eagerly* awaiting this book, and I don't see why everyone has a huge problem with the series. I think its great. I re-read them all within the last month or 2 because it had been so long, I had forgotten a lot of the details, and it just made me want to read more. Maybe I'm just in the (apparently) small minority of people who enjoy long series. I hate to say goodbye to characters I've come to know and love, and I, for one am hoping this is *not* the last book in the series. So there :P

Edit: Read it (in one night even,couldn't put it down!) and was quite happy with it, save for the end-i wanna know more! Obviously this book is building to Sookie and Sam ending up together. Thru the 1st half of the series, I hated that idea, but now I think that would probably be the best conclusion to the series. Or that could all be a giant misdirection, who knows? I definitely do not like the enormous wait between books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ashley I'd say it was book 10 which really had no story of its own to stand on. Instead it was more like filler to prop up book 11. Each book should be able to stand on its own and progress Sookie's story. When they stop doing that it becomes obvious that the author is at the point where they either: no longer have any new ideas for the series or they simply want the money that comes from having a pre-established series that people are willing to read.

If this one doesn't do something for the series, I won't be reading any more and I think other feel similarly, which is why (as you said) everyone is so down on this book.

Lisa I enjoy a long running series, what has me (and so many other people frustrated) is when a series seems to just be dragging on for the sake of dragging on. The last 2 or 3 books have left so many loose ends just hanging there that it is frustrating for those people that buy the book the day it comes out and then are left for a whole year just hoping that this time something will be concluded.

message 3: by gertt (new)

gertt I agree with Lisa...this series should have ended with DAG. All the books since then have been pointless and seem to have been written just to satisfy the publisher. Having one book that isn't quite as good as the rest in a series is expected, 3 or 4 in row is just leading your readers on.

Sami I'm with u Sadie I enjoyed the whole series including deadlocked.

Michele You're not alone, I enjoyed Deadlocked too. Let's be honest, the fans who are demanding that Eric be endgame are not enjoying the fact that he isn't getting his way all the time. I'm just glad the author is writing the books to suit herself and not some of the overly vocal fans.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha i loved al lthe books. and i agree with you sall the way. I can't wait to read this one, and there is another book naed dead ever after that is comming out during may next year.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha all the*

Cassy Yes this is a long running series but I think it's much shorter then some. I read the Stephen king dark tower series and this has taken over 20 years to complete with a new release only last month so give it a rest. My advice is if you have lost love for the series don't read it. Personally I loved it :$

message 9: by Jaida (new) - added it

Jaida Holifield This series is beyond awesome! I bought all the books and read each in one day and I couldn't put them down.... anyone who doesn't love this series obviously doesn't appreciate Charlaine Harris and the great characters I have loved from book one... (im just sayin...)

message 10: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni I also have enjoyed this series. I've read everuone of them when dealing with crisis points in my grandma's health. She passed on 4 days before we got this one in and I'm helping my parents move out of country. This book couldn't have come out aat a better time. I have used Sookie's weird problems to distract from my chaos for the past few days and hated stepping away. I can't wait to see how Harris deals with the sam issue and repercusions from victor's death.

Chris Gardenier i agree i love these books.

Dennie I usually love these books but this one is kinda rubbish. Roll on 13

message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I agree. I hate to let go of characters that I love. I enjoyed the book.

Elizabeth A. I love the series, I was just disappointed with Deadlocked and the way she has turned Eric from a strong demanding and yet charming vampire able to make his own decisions into this whiney wussy guy who doesn't know what he wants.

Jennifer Croft i agree. i cannot get enough of these books. i dont want this serues to end lol.

Jessica Wilson I agree! I however I don't think Sam & Sookie will ended up together. Per Charlene Harris she has said Sookie as not met who she will live Happily Ever After with.

message 17: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva Bradshaw-Burnett I realize that the Sookie Stackhouse books are not the best written books available. I still love them. Are we not allowed to have our guilty pleasures? I love Pat Conroy's books, but still find myself drawn to Sookie.

Vivienne I'm also someone who has enjoyed the series from the start and don't look for great literature from it but good entertainment. I love Sookie and really just want her to be happy which i don't feel lies with Eric. Like her to have kids eventually.

message 19: by Mj (new)

Mj I've loved these books for the past six years. I think some of us are just disappointed with the lackluster flare of the previous books. We are sad.

Casey  I think people are just angry that the books aren't going their way. i am a die-hard Eric Northman fan and he has disappointed me int the past couple of books but I love Eric and the books all the same. I love the way the story is spinning. I love that after hating Bill for so long, Charlaine has found a way to make me fond of him again. I love that Sam is still sticking around because I have always like him as well. I also like that Eric has something to prove this book and that Sookie is willing to let the vampire god go if he fails. I am still completely in love with these books.